Jakarta, December 12th 2018—Squline as a pioneer for e-learning platform in Indonesia in collaboration with Lembaga Bahasa Internasional Fakultas Ilmu pengetahuan Budaya Universitas Indonesia (LBI FIB UI) to open Indonesian Language Online Class.
At the ASEAN level, Indonesian language speakers have reached almost 60% of the population and have been studied widely for the benefit of the ASEAN Economic Community. Based on data from the Badan Pusat Statistik (BPS—Central Statistics Agency), the number of foreign workers in Indonesia from 2015-2017 has increased respectively 77,149, 80,375 and 85,947 people.
This means from the year of 2015 to 2016 there was an increase in the number of foreign workers in Indonesia by 4.18%. From 2016 to 2017 there was an increase of 6.93%. Therefore, from 2015 to the end of 2017, the number of foreign workers entering Indonesia reached 11.40%. Foreign Workers (TKA) in Indonesia are now dominated by expatriates from China, Japan, South Korea and other countries.
This makes the Indonesian language very important for expatriates who are living in Indonesia. The need to interact with local residents becomes one of the main reasons for learning Indonesian.
In Australia, the Indonesian language is ranked as the fourth most popular language that is often used in the country. More than 500 elementary schools teach Indonesian language and in some universities, are also provide special courses that teach the Indonesian language.
In December 2007, the Regional Government of Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, officially announced Indonesian as the second language in Ho Chi Minh City.
However, the proficiency of Indonesian language by foreign workers itself is still relatively low, the limited access to Indonesian language programs and teachers becomes an obstacle for the foreigners who want to move or already live in Indonesia. Therefore, Squline together with LBI FIB Universitas Indonesia wants to facilitate in teaching and learning the Indonesian language by opening Indonesian language online class.
How to join the class? Users only need to register on Squline.com or mobile apps. Then, users can choose the instructor and schedule that fit with users’ daily activity. The material was designed by LBI FIB Universitas Indonesia to be fit by the users’ abilities.
In the inauguration of the collaboration between Squline and LBI FIB Universitas Indonesia, both parties also launched the Indonesian language class program. The event was attended by Mr. Joshua Simanjuntak as Head of BEKRAF Marketing Deputy, Mrs. Sisilia Setiawati Halimi as the Manager of Cooperation and Venture FIB Universitas Indonesia, and Sacha Stevenson as the discussion panel moderator.
Joshua Simanjuntak as Head of Marketing Deputy of BEKRAF said, “Squline answers the challenges of language learning with native speakers and of course, at a much more affordable because of the using of smart technology such as combining face-to-face interactive classes by online video calls and multimedia learning”
He added, “We hope that Squline will continue to grow its market, the features themselves will be better to respond to consumer dynamics, and also Squline can inspire young developers to continue to be more creative and becomes new Indonesian unicorn.”
Sisilia Setiawati Halimi, the Manager of Venture FIB Universitas Indonesia said that this is the era of educational revolution where technology has made it possible to design more interactive teaching materials. She also said that this is the time to develop e-learning models so Indonesian language learning programs could be accessed from anywhere.
In the event, Sacha Stevenson as the discussion panel moderator, shared about her experience when she first learned the Indonesian language. According to her, the Indonesian language is very important, even though she worked at an English language course, but there are still so many people in her environment who aren’t able to communicate in the English language. This drove her to learned the Indonesian language, therefore she can interact with the local residents around her.
For closing, Tomy Yunus Tjen as the CEO of Squline said, “With this Indonesian language program, we hope that we can help to provide the solutions for foreigners who will or already live in Indonesia, to have easier access to learn the language. In addition, this program will certainly be useful for working and doing business in Indonesia. For the long-term, we want this program to be able to promote Indonesian culture in international level.”
For more information
Business Development Officer SQULINE
Phone: +62 856-8308-699
- Squline is the pioneer of online foreign language learning platform (English, Mandarin, and Japanese) in Indonesia which has introduced faster, more effective and efficient way to learn languages.
- Squline’s tagline is “Be Smart Your Way” which means that everyone can be fluent in foreign languages with the easiest and the most efficient way.
- Besides the beginner level, Squline also provides English Class for children and young professional who would want to be fluent in English with curriculum from PPB Atma Jaya.
- Squline also offers Mandarin Class which is supported by native Chinese speakers from China, they are certified teachers and fully-experience in teaching Mandarin for all level, beginner and conversational Mandarin.
- As an addition, Squline recognized the growing interest in learning Japanese for beginner, therefore in December 2016, Squline launched Online Japanese Course in the partnership with Aki No Sora
- Squline becomes the largest company as an online provider of online language courses in Indonesia.
- Squline offers 1 Free Trial Class for language learning when student registering online : http://www.squline.com/
- Lembaga Bahasa Internasional FIB UI is an academic venture unit within the Faculty of Humanities, University of Indonesia.
· The language services which provided by LBI FIB Universitas Indonesia are Bahasa Indonesia untuk Penutur Asing (BIPA/Indonesian Language Program), Program Pelayanan Bahasa (PPB/Foreign Language Program), and Program Pengembangan Penerjemahan (PPP/Translation and Interpretation Program).
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.